The Pingability Service in a Nutshell
- You tell us what websites and services to monitor.
- Pingability will monitor those sites as often as you like.
- If the service goes down Pingability will notify you (via phone, SMS or email).
- Come to the site at any time to get uptime reports and detailed analysis.
Setting up your account is simple:
Complete this form.
We will start monitoring your site and set you up on a trial account.
If the service works out well for you, you can choose to fully activate your account later on.
You can cancel the account at any time. And there is no cost to you until after you have activated your account.
Not Just Web Pages
Pingability can monitor basic web pages, of course. It can also check SSL secured URLs (no extra cost); check for the existence or absence of a keyword on that page and check the page responds within a certain time.
But the Internet is about more than web pages. Pingability can also check:
SMTP: Your email server is working, and accepting delivery of an email address you specify.
DNS: Your DNS server is responding correctly.
FTP: That your FTP server is up and running (including checking an optional login).
Ports: That a port on your server (that you specify) is open (e.g. to check if SSH is running).
Get Alerted When Things Go Wrong
Alerts Only When There is a Real Problem: You can tell the service to alert you based on rules you specify. e.g. on the first outage, or when the server comes back up, or if there are, say, five outages in a two hour period.
Alerts Via Email, SMS, Phone Call: We can send out alerts via SMS or email. We can even send out an automated phone call.
SSH Actions: You can have our service run any SSH commands you like in the event of a problem. e.g. to restart your web or database server. Or even to reboot your server. The SSH actions are unique to Pingability.com's service.
- You can alert multiple people/devices in the event of a failure or the site coming back up.
Avoid Unnecessary Alerts: You can setup 'events' so the service does not send out alerts during scheduled maintenance.
Monitor What You Need, As Often As You Like
Do you need to monitor a hundred servers every minute? Or just check one site once an hour? Whatever your usage we can monitor, alert and report on your setup.
Check as Many Sites As You Like: We know that web designers, web hosts and web entrepreneurs can have lots of sites they need to check. So, unlike other monitoring services, Pingability lets you check any number of sites on any number of servers.
Check Your Sites As Often As You Need To: Pingability can be set to check each of your services anywhere from once a minute to once a day. The more frequent the checking, the more accurate your uptime data will be, and the faster you can respond to problems.
Load Problems? You can view historical response time graphs, e.g. to track how site is performing over time and to identify load issues.
Detailed Error Logs: You can get a summary report of any errors we discover, as well as a log of the individual error details.
Uptime Reports: You can view an uptime report for whatever time frame you specify. You can exclude certain periods (e.g. scheduled maintenance) from downtime figures. This can be useful if you are holding someone to an SLA.
Emailed Reports: You can tell the site to send you daily, weekly and monthly summary reports of any outages you have had.
Other Neat Features
- Local Time You can set your own timezone. So all reports and alerts have times and dates that make sense to you.
- Status Page Our check listing page gives you a real time status listing for all the checks you have setup in our system.
- Multiple Monitoring Locations Do not want false alarms? We verify any failures by re-running our check from multiple other monitoring locations (currently Dallas, New York and Brisbane).
- Free! No charges or obligations during the trial period.
- Free! We will check your home page (for as many sites as you like) every 15 minutes when you use a Branded Web Page type check and you link back to us for no cost.
- Free! We will monitor one other check (e.g. DNS, or FTP) once an hour for no cost.
- Other options start at 9.95 USD/month. See the pricing plan.